At present, the Netherlands charges Value-Added-Tax (VAT) at a standard rate of 21%. There is also a reduced rate of 9% charged on some products and services, such as imports, supplies, goods and services’ acquisitions, medicines, foodstuffs, etc. Netherlands has 3 tariffs: A tariff of 0%, a low tariff of 9%, and a high tariff of 21%. The increased tax is also called the general tariff.
Vat Calculator Netherlands
Different VAT Tariffs in the Netherlands:
The Different VAT Tariffs that are currently applicable in the Netherlands are:
The high or general tariff of 21%:
This is applied to all products and services that are taxable.
The low tariff of 9%:
This is applied to some goods and services, for instance:
- Agricultural Products in addition to Agricultural Services
- Daily Newspaper
- Water Supplies
- Passenger Transport provided that it is domestic
- Some Pharmaceutical Products
- Hotel Accommodation
- Takeaway Food
- Household Linen
- Private Dwellings’ Repair as well as Renovation
- Leather Goods
- Night Clubs
- Minor Bicycle Repairs
- Restaurant Services
- Catering Services
- Some writer’s services
- Certain composer’s services
- Accommodation Services
The 0% Tariff is applied to some services, for instance:
- Gold Coins’ Taxation
- Intra-Community Transport
- Goods’ Supply from the Netherlands to another country provided that it is a member state of the EU
- International Passenger Transport by sea as well as by air
- Cross Border Transactions
Goods and Services Exempted from VAT in the Netherlands:
Several goods and services are exempted from VAT in the Netherlands, for instance:
- Immovable Property Sales provided that it is 2 years old
- Fundraising Activities
- Healthcare Services as well as Care Services
- Sport Clubs
- Home Care
- Services provided by writers in addition to services provided by composers and also the journalists
- Insurance as well as Financial Services
- Socio-cultural institutions’ Services.
Click here to visit vat calculator Australia.
Q: Does Netherlands have VAT?
Yes, VAT is charged on goods and services in the Netherlands. At present, the Standard Rate of VAT is 21%. The Netherlands, at present, has three tariffs of VAT: a low tariff of 9%, a high or general surcharge of 21%, and a 0% tariff.
Q: How does VAT work in the Netherlands?
Value-Added-Tax (VAT) is paid in the Netherlands by customers on all goods and the services they buy. It is included in the price of the service or the item. VAT is paid to the trader and then remitted by the trader to the Tax and Customs Administration.
Q: What is VAT called in the Netherlands?
In the Netherlands, VAT is spelled as “BTW.” The Dutch VAT is a general consumption tax that the customer pays. Furthermore, all goods and services’ retail prices include VAT.
Q: Is Netherlands in the EU?
Yes, Netherlands became a member of the European Union on 1st January 1958.
Q: Is BTW the same as VAT in the Netherlands?
Yes, VAT is spelled as BTW in the Netherlands.