VAT Calculator Netherlands – VAT Rate is 21%
The standard VAT Rate is 21%. Now you can calculate the vat bill with our Vat Calculator Netherlands.
At present, the Netherlands charges Value-Added-Tax (VAT) at a standard rate of 21%. There is also a reduced rate of 9% charged on some products and services, such as imports, supplies, goods and services acquisitions, medicines, foodstuffs, etc. The Netherlands has 3 tariffs: A tariff of 0%, a low tariff of 9%, and a high tariff of 21%. The increased tax is also called the general tariff.
Vat Calculator Netherlands
- Select your country; the vat calculator will automatically detect the updated Netherlands vat rate
- Enter the amount
- Add Tax or Remove Tax
- Press the calculate button to see the result
How to calculate vat in the Netherlands
Tax Amount = ( Original Cost * VAT% ) / 100
Net Price = Original Cost + Tax Amount
Tax Amount = Original Cost – ( Original Cost * ( 100 / ( 100 + VAT% ) ) )
Net Price = Original Cost – Tax Amount
Find the VAT price and net price in Netherlands (GST % is 21) for an amount of 30000 €
GST % = 21
Amount = 30000
Step 1 :
GST Price = (30000 * 21 ) / 100
= 6300 €
Step 2 :
Net Price = 30000 + 6300
= 36300 €
Hence the VAT Price is 6300 € and Net Price is 36300 €
GST % = 21
Amount = 30000
Step 1 :
GST Price = 30000 – (30000 * ( 100 / (100 + 21)))
GST Price = 5206 €
Step 2 :
Net Price = 30000 – 5206
= 24794 €
Hence the VAT Price is 5206 € and Net Price is 24794 €
Different VAT Tariffs in the Netherlands:
The Different VAT Tariffs that are currently applicable in the Netherlands are:
The high or general tariff of 21%:
This is applied to all products and services that are taxable.
The low tariff of 9%:
This is applied to some goods and services, for instance:
- Agricultural Products in addition to Agricultural Services
- Daily Newspaper
- Water Supplies
- Passenger Transport provided that it is domestic
- Some Pharmaceutical Products
- Hotel Accommodation
- Takeaway Food
- Household Linen
- Private Dwellings’ Repair as well as Renovation
- Leather Goods
- Night Clubs
- Minor Bicycle Repairs
- Restaurant Services
- Catering Services
- Some writer’s services
- Certain composer’s services
- Accommodation Services
The 0% Tariff is applied to some services, for instance:
- Gold Coins’ Taxation
- Intra-Community Transport
- Goods Supply from the Netherlands to another country provided that it is a member state of the EU
- International Passenger Transport by sea as well as by air
- Cross Border Transactions
Goods and Services Exempted from VAT in the Netherlands:
Several goods and services are exempted from VAT in the Netherlands, for instance:
- Immovable Property Sales provided that it is 2 years old
- Fundraising Activities
- Healthcare Services as well as Care Services
- Sport Clubs
- Home Care
- Services provided by writers in addition to services provided by composers and also the journalists
- Insurance as well as Financial Services
- Socio-cultural institutions’ Services.
Click here to visit vat calculator Australia OR Vat Calculator Ghana
Q: Does the Netherlands have VAT?
Yes, VAT is charged on goods and services in the Netherlands. At present, the Standard Rate of VAT is 21%. The Netherlands, at present, has three tariffs of VAT: a low tariff of 9%, a high or general surcharge of 21%, and a 0% tariff.
Q: How does VAT work in the Netherlands?
Value-Added Tax (VAT) is paid in the Netherlands by customers on all goods and services they buy. It is included in the price of the service or the item. VAT is paid to the trader and then remitted by the trader to the Tax and Customs Administration.
Q: What is VAT called in the Netherlands?
In the Netherlands, VAT is spelled as “BTW.” The Dutch VAT is a general consumption tax that the customer pays. Furthermore, all goods and services retail prices include VAT.
Here is a list of all our VAT Calculator. It includes most countries in the world.
The next Calculators on our list:
Argentina, Nepal, Kenya, South Africa, Germany, Ireland, Philippines, Malta
- VAT Calculator Scotland - February 18, 2023
- Check Your Bonus Tax Rate in California (Step-by-Step Guide) - February 17, 2023
- How to transfer money from India to USA without tax - February 16, 2023